5/09/2010

How Does Your Garden Grow?

First let me apologize for being away for so long. Things have been strange to say the least. Mr. Giant and I got into a fight and I kicked him out. I instantly regretted it but it can't be taken back now so I just have to deal with it. We're still on speaking terms but things are a little strained between us. Hopefully we'll get better but if not oh well. I am only spending one more semester at my current school then I am transferring somewhere much closer to home.

Second, I have news about Gram. Last Wednesday my mom called me around 7 p.m. and told me that at noon the doctors had called in the family and said she had two hours to live. I freaked out because Mom had called so late and I was 7 to 8 hours away. I made a mad dash home after packing up my dorm room and got in around 3 a.m. I got to see Gram on Thursday and although she did look sick she was doing alright, sitting up talking to people, getting upset that no one had vacuumed her floor, and so on. When she saw me you could tell she was excited that I was home. I spent all Thursday with her during the times she was awake, and I got to spend some time with her yesterday. Yesterday wasn't a very good day for her though, she was pretend sewing, drinking pretend water, eating pretend food, well you get the idea. However, she did still recognize all of us so we took that as a good sign. I'm at my mom's right now though, posting from the internet on my blackberry. So far Gram is still holding on. It hurts me deeply to see how far down she's gotten but I am so happy that I did get to see her.

Next, on a happier note, Mr. J found a book in a local shop at school that he thought I would love. I've been looking for this book for quite a while and every time I found it I couldn't bring myself to pay the almost forty bucks for it. Mr. J found it for twenty and I couldn't pass it up anymore. I am now a proud owner of Judika Illes' The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells! I haven't really had a chance to look through all of it but so far I am madly in love with it.

Also, just tonight I found lavender seeds at Walmart. Those of you that have followed me quite a while should know that I am in love with lavender. You'll also know that I've failed a couple of times at growing it. So I bought the seeds and some peat pellets and now have six peat pellets containing approximately 3 to 4 seeds each and am waiting with bated breath to see what happens. If any of you guys have any gardening suggestions for me on lavender or really anything I'm open to them. I don't have much of a green thumb but only because I was never taught. I want so badly to be an avid gardener but I can be bad about over watering this plant and under watering this one, or giving this one too much sunlight and not enough to that one. I get so nervous and feel so bad when I kill a plant I almost gave up altogether lol, but this is something I really want to do, so I keep trying and well, plants keep dying. But I vow I will learn, and things will be different.

2 comments:

Dirgesinger said...

Gosh, I was holding my breath until I read through the section about Your Grandma! I am sending all my healing thoughts to Her! You are a really wonderful person to be so strong and be with Her.
I am not a great gardener myself - I only have a balcony to do that - but I am starting growing flowers and herbs right now. I will keep You informed:)

Linda Medrano said...

I am so glad you got to see your Grandma and she got to see you. You know, you are really a special person and give so much of yourself.

Baby, you have all the time in the world for boyfriends. Right now, it's pretty easy come, easy go and that's the way it should be. You'll find "the one" but it doesn't have to be now!

I have some lavendar in the garden but I got it as a plant. Don't know about the seeds.