9/29/2010

Magick: Allow Your Gifts To Work

This is another blog inspired by something I found on Seededbuzz. This time I found a blog entitled Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow: Paranormal Day is Here, and it got me thinking about the serious conversation I had with the boyfriend last night. The boyfriend is very magickally gifted in his own right. He will be amazing once he learns more about his gifts, and that's something I'm helping him with. But what I mainly want to talk about is this: in Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow: Paranormal Day is Here, Kelley Harrell talks about allowing yourself to believe the things you see and deal with are real.

A lot of us have problems with writing things off and saying, "This has to be my imagination, this can't be real, this can't be happening." Now, most of we Pagans don't have that issue, at least to a certain extent. Usually we look at things and to us they are very real. However, I sometimes have the problem of thinking things like, "Maybe this is beyond my reach." I believe in the things I see and feel and I know they are real but sometimes when I'm learning how to handles some of my gifts I might limit myself by thinking things like, "Maybe I can't do this to the magnitude I want," or "What if other people think this is just a silly parlor trick."

But I caught myself not doing what I preach last night. The boyfriend and I had the whole "Guess what honey, I'm a witch," conversation last night and surprisingly, after explaining to him that there is a difference between good and bad witches, he took it so well and started talking to me about his gifts. After I told him about my affinity with Fire, we discovered that he has an affinity with Air. He knew he was an empath (as am I), and he knew he has visions and prophetic dreams, but he didn't know that he could be an amazing healer.

His grandmother was a healer, and she could heal people as easily as snapping her fingers. I sensed that he had received that gift from her when she passed on so I asked him, "Do you want to be a healer?" Instantly he said yes but he said that he is afraid that he can't be as good as him grandmother was. This is going to sound really corny when I tell you this but when he said that I flashed back to a scene in Disney's Halloweentown when the grandma tells Marny that working magick is simple, all you have to do is want something and then let yourself have it.

That statement is very true. So I told him the exact same thing. "Magick is easy, all you have to do is want something, then allow yourself to do it or have it." Of course I explained to him that while it sounds really easy it can be quite difficult to make your own insecurities shut up enough to allow you to do the things you want. While I was telling him that, the little witch that lives inside my mind (also known as my conscience) was telling me, "Yeah Willow, that's nice. Tell your boyfriend to break through his insecurities and fears and that can't attitude while you sit back and allow your insecurities, fears, and can't attitude stop you from what you're capable of."

Needless to say I told that little witch to shut up, finished my conversation with the boyfriend and helped him work on focusing energy (which he had already worked on before so it wasn't that complicated of a thing) and creating energy balls between our hands. Have you ever had Fire energy and Air energy mix together between two palms? It's the coolest and strangest feeling on the planet! For me, I could feel the warmth of my energy through my palm, then I felt a cool breeze lift up from his palm, and our energies met between our palms and swirled together. The energy was so cool combined! It was very electric and you could feel that they mixed together well, but the weirdest part of it was they were together yet you could tell the difference in the swirls. If you could have visibly seen it, it would have looked like a marble cake.

So, while I am teaching the boyfriend how to work with his gifts, I'm also getting back in touch with mine, and trying to learn more about the gifts I received from my grandma when she passed on. While I am breaking down the barriers that I put in the way of my gifts, I'm teaching the boyfriend not to form those barriers at all. And I want everyone to remember that if you say you can't do something, you're right! Break down those barriers, want your gifts to work, and allow them to do so, because they will willingly work with you!

PS As part of the Seededbuzz agreement, I also have to tell you that someone else was inspired by Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow: Paranormal Day is Here and you can read her post here.

2 comments:

Diandra said...

That sounds cool. I have to admit, I am a little bit envious, since although the BF knows a bit about Paganism and shows genuine interest in my being a witch and all the stuff that springs from it, he has locked his own magic away far enough he may never find it. Some days it's really difficult living with someone like that, and I have to work hard to keep my own magic flowing without being sucked away by him. Well, maybe in time he'll change his attitude - he doesn't ahve to be a witch or try to do magic, as long as he learns to work with his energies... *sigh*

Amber said...

Thanks Diandra! I have to say the boyfriend has been such a blessing. He's there to listen when I want to have a pity party about Grandma, he's so totally accepting and open about magick, and he's gifted in his own rite and curious about how to make it all work!

For the longest time, I prayed and cried to Aphrodite, begging her to send me someone who would at least understand my gifts and my weird mix of religion, and for the longest time the only people I ever found were people that I had to hide those things from.

Believe me, there was a time, not long ago when I would have been envious of you because at least yours is interested and understanding. When my boyfriend first came into my life I almost pushed him away because I thought he was too good to be true. Now I know he's just a blessing. I'm sure with yours, since he is curious and interested he'll eventually learn to let his gifts out. A lot of people have no choice but to let their gifts out. Our gifts have ways to making themselves known and forcing you to accept them, especially when you try to bury them.