11/11/2011

Re-Connecting With Nature In Winter

As many of you know, I have made a vow to myself to get closer with my gods, and deeper in my own beliefs. While it's still not winter weather here in my area of Texas (minus the 24 hour snow we had in Amarillo just before I finished my hours at school), it is getting more chilly. I'm a chicken when it comes to a cool breeze unless it shows up out of the blue on a hot summer day to cool me off, otherwise I run for the nearest heat source. When I was younger I wasn't that way. I used to walk around in the snow with no shoes on and I apparently had no idea what a jacket was. However, since I went down to the university in the dessert I have not been able to handle the normal cold we have here. I've lost my cold hardiness. So, you now ask, "Willow, how do you reconnect with your own beliefs, which revolve so deeply in nature, if you are not outside that much in your current weather?" This is how:

1. The weather warms up to a tolerable 65 in the afternoons. I will go out Mom's back door with the dogs and sit for a little while feeling the vibrations of nature, watching the dogs play, and watching nature in general.

2. I do a lot of meditation. As you might imagine, staring at Mom's backyard gets old after a while. I'll try switching to the front yard, but in all honesty it's not much different. I love connecting with the vibrations of home and things I'm familiar with, however, how do you learn if that's all you have to connect with? So I meditate and create new situations for myself to try to learn from. Usually I'll just imagine a different form of nature that I haven't been to before, but have seen on TV or something like that, and I'll let the meditation take me where it wants. I'll share some meditations with you on that later.

3. Last and definitely not least, there's energy work. What I call energy work is actually spell work. Spells are just accessing the energies around you and transforming them slightly to create changes. So it seems more right to me to call it energy work. You can call it whatever you want, but because we are accessing the energies around us, we create a direct link with whatever those energies are coming from, in my case its the natural world around me. So because energy work creates a direct link to nature for me, that's another way of me connecting with nature.

Things have been off with me for a while. I used to hold a balance of my own energy, plus a free flow of energy from the natural land around me. When I moved to Amarillo, I shut that connection down inadvertently, now I have to work twice as hard to get that balance back. Just to let you know, closing down that connection sucks. Not only do you personally feel off balance, everything else in your life loses its balance as well. Things don't feel right. It's sort of like when you have strep throat and everything tastes wrong. So, how do you connect with nature during the winter? Do you connect with nature at all? Tell me about you guys! You know I love to hear about you!

Also, I've got some wonderful responses from the poll. Right now it's tied between change it now, and wait til a little later. I've also had a comment from a lovely beautiful reader who said they are uncomfortable with change. I understand where you are coming from there darling, however, I personally feel that things get stagnant if there aren't some changes here and there. I try to leave my blog alone for long spurts, then change it when I feel things are getting stagnant. While the look of things change here, I try to make sure that the essence of the blog stays the same. I am still here to discuss my religion with you, I am still here to tell you what's going on in my life, and I'd love to hear about yours. I still want this blog to be an interactive place. Please know that even though the look of the blog changes, I still love all of you.

No comments: