6/08/2009

Intro Blog

Well, I decided to start this blog because I had been running a website called The Witches' Community. I got frustrated because I wanted it to help other Wiccans/Pagans and be a place where they could get together, chat, hang out, and so on. After several months of moving the old site to a newer place that I liked much better and thought others would agree, I only have around 10-12 members and the last login that wasn't me was a week ago. So I'm leaving the site up to be fair to the other members that may or may not show up to it but I think from now on I'm just going to focus on my blog. At least then I'll be doing something helpful for me and not stressing out about whether or not someone is reading this.



So since this is supposed to be an introduction blog I guess I need to tell you guys a little bit about myself. I'm a 21 year old eclectic solitary Pagan. I've been studying Wicca for about 6 years now and I really enjoy and am most comfortable with my new religion. And in ways it is still very new to me... I have a hard time remembering certain things and you would think after 6 years I would be able to remember certain things but alas I still have to check my books every now and then. It doesn't bother me that much though, I usually just follow the Rede and just do whatever feels right to me. Even if I do a ritual and later realize I did some things backwards as compared to some people's formats, I still get things accomplished and usually just as well as any of my other friends that follow a more strict format. I'm a college student about to transfer to a University here in Texas and am currently majoring in Agriculture but when I get to my new University I'll be studying Animal Production and Pre-Vet. I guess you could say I'm a big time country girl. I love wearing my boots (which I need to replace because they are falling apart), driving around in my '95 Dodge pickup, listening to Texas Country, Nashville Country, Rock, Alternative, Classic Rock, and a couple other genres.



One thing I guess I need to tell y'all is that I have a brain and I use it. I'm opinionated and I don't mind sharing my opinions. On here I'll be more open about it than I would in public because when you're in public you need to show a little tact and be polite but here online I'm going to tell you exactly what I think, just like I would if you were one of my close friends, and believe me some of my close friends have sat through rants where they weren't even sure if I was mad at them or just the situation in general... So here's the Surgeon General's Warning on this blog, if you want something candy-coated and "sweet" go somewhere else. If however, you like a straightforward person who will listen to your opinions and share theirs then by all means stick around. Don't however, email me and try to start a fight or something to that extent, you will only be ignored. I'm not saying I'm not open minded or that I'm not open to other people's opinions; on the contrary, I've been known to allow other's opinions to sway my own at times, and I'm always more than willing to listen to someone else's take on things. But I won't pointlessly fight with you over something I feel strongly about. I respect you're view on it, and if we happen to have opposing ideas on it well so be it.



So that's my introduction. In this blog I will share what I've learned, my experiences thus far, and my experiences as a college witch living in the dorms (at least in August and later). At times what I have to say will be funny, at times sad, and other times scary or somewhere in between, but that's life right? Seeing as how I look at this blog as sort of a personal type of journal I will be sharing great parts of my life with you. So I hope you come along for the ride and I hope you enjoy what you read here. If on the other hand I happen to get no readers, oh well, I can still use this blog as a journal. So come along for a wild ride with me as a Witch in college!

No comments: