2/09/2010

Microwave Apple Crisp

So, I went to the Betty Crocker website because as I mentioned before, I wanted to find some recipes for microwavable stuff that I can make here in the dorms. I came across a recipe for Microwave Apple Crisp and I am sooooo excited to try this out! I'm having to wait until my next paycheck to get the ingredients so I cannot tell you how it is just yet but I want to share the recipe with you for today.

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes

4 medium tart cooking apples, peeled and sliced
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup quick cooking or old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup Original Bisquick mix
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg

In an ungreased 2-quart microwavable casserole or 8 inch square microwavable dish, arrange apple slices. In a small bowl, stir remaining ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.

Microwave on High for 7 to 10 minutes, rotating dish 1/2 turn after 5 minutes, until apples are tender. Serve warm. Makes 6 servings.

I'm so excited to make this! I've been missing being able to make sweet treats like this. I may start making this an every Tuesday thing because Miss K has a lab every Tuesday that runs through lunch and she doesn't get to eat ... This way when she's finished with her lab at 2 every Tuesday afternoon she'll have something yummy to test out!

Have some microwave recipes you would like to share? Email them to me ... I'm always looking for something good I can make in the dorms!

No comments: