4/29/2010

The Books Are In The Mail

Mr. J went with me down to the post office and wrote down the addresses for me. I think the lady working got very tired of us because we had a million questions about shipping, etc. Eventually we got everything figured out and I think the lady was extremely happy to see us leave. I thought people were finally starting to understand that Pagans aren't evil but you try walking into the local post office with five different books about Witchcraft and tell me what kind of funny looks you get.

Mr. J and I walked in with the books in my purse and I laid them out on a counter separate from the mailing counter because I didn't want to get in anyone's way while I was trying to gather the correct boxes and envelopes. Of course I kept the books out in the open so I could measure for boxes and I left them out until Mr. J had the boxes correctly folded and all that. A few people walked past that didn't say anything but there were quite a few strange looks and many people looked at me like they wished they had holy water to throw in my face. But the time there at the post office was an adventure. Anyway, I am going to take a nap. Dirge and Julie, let me know when you guys get your books.

5 comments:

Christina:) said...

I know this is a really random comment for this post but im adding you to my Button exchange! I love your blog!

Magaly Guerrero said...

Ah, the funny looks! I have this huge white and black book titled "History of Witchcraft: the Good, the Bad and the Gory" It is on my kitchen bookshelf and someone from the power company came to fix something on the kitchen, I thought he was going to have a stroke when he saw the book.

Dirgesinger said...

Funny looks - I know AAALLLLL of them! :D Being a goth and NOT being a weird teen is a thing that is more alien in Hungary than a Predator and an Alien walking together the streets. But I learned how to ignore those looks.

Thanks for the posting! I am wating sooo much for them:):)

Linda Medrano said...

You are so funny! My husband is Navajo and his mother is married to a Medicine Man. Alex and I are both pagan in that we don't go for organized religions at all. I believe everything. I believe nothing. I believe Starbucks makes the best coffee in the world.

Anonymous said...

I got them today on Beltane! How cool is that!? I'm really grateful that I won because I'd noticed that I was lacking books on traditional Wicca. I've been studying hedge witchery and other traditions so long that I needed a good refresher on basic Wicca. I especially love Living Wicca by Scott Cunningham because of his chapters on Wiccan prayer. While I use spell and ritual, I have always been drawn to prayer and have found very little information about it in other books. Thank you so much and Happy Beltane!