I promised I would show you guys a picture of the pumpkin pie I made. You may be wondering why I keep calling it Punkin Pie... I called it that as a kid and all the way until the day she died that's what Gram called it too. So here is the picture of my finished Punkin Pie.
In honor of this month and what it means to me, I would like to share the recipe with you guys. Gram didn't keep any of her recipes secret, so I'm sure she would have no problems with me passing this along to my wonderful readers.
1) Just a regular pie crust (Gram rarely used Graham Cracker crust)
2) One can of 100% pumpkin (I used Libby's 100% Pumpkin, not Pumpkin Puree)
3) One can of sweetened condensed milk
4) A capful of vanilla extract or imitation vanilla flavor (And I literally mean take the cap off your vanilla and use it as your measuring instrument)
5) 1/2 tsp Cinnamon (Update, it actually takes 1 tsp of Cinnamon)
6) About 1/4 tsp Ginger
7) 1/8 tsp Cloves
8) 2 eggs
Because I used a store bought pie crust instead of making my own, I put it in a 9 in. pie pan and put it in the oven at 350 for about 5-10 minutes. You don't want to make it golden brown or it will get really dark and crunchy after baking the pie. You'll know it's finished by the feel of it. Take it out let it cool then touch the inside. It should be soft but not mushy.