10/05/2010

Punkin Pie Tuesday

In my opinion, my grandma made the best pumpkin and sweet potato pies on the planet. My mom gave me Gram's original recipe for pumpkin pie and I am trying my hand at it today. I've never made a pie before but I really enjoyed helping Gram mix it all up when she would let me help her with them. So Mom and I went on an adventure today. I drove to the Dollar Store (that most amazing place that has wonderful deals) and found vanilla, cinnamon, and sweetened condensed milk for 3 dollars. Then I drove to the grocery store and found the rest of what I needed (which was not the best deal ever, almost 13 dollars for the rest of the stuff I needed!). The whole time Mom was on the phone with me so she was technically with me lol. Lots of fun my friends.

The stranger is sitting in the living room playing Left 4 Dead 2 and while it's quite noisy it's nice to have sound and company lol. I recently received a comment asking more questions about the stranger. He's actually a very nice kid. He's an animal lover and we watch Animal Planet all the time which is very interesting because he knows the origins of most dog breeds and I'm getting to learn all kinds of new stuff from him. Now, in the comment I was asked if the stranger knew I was a witch. I don't know if he does or not. I've not hidden any of my books, they are in the closet in my office to which the door is standing wide open, and I have quite a few of them laying around the house lol. He's also used my internet several times and my home page is right here at my bloggy home. Reading a title called A College Witch's Experiences could possibly give him the idea.

However, he gave me the highest compliment any green kitchen witch could ask for! He told me that now my home feels like home to him. That is the best compliment I could ever receive. The shields around my house are set up so that friends and family feel at home here, and those that are up to something or bad people feel so uncomfortable they feel like they need to leave. I just took the stranger to meet his dad so he's not staying with me anymore... I'll miss him, he was a wonderful house pet, completely potty trained and kid friendly. But the stranger and his girlfriend are welcome here at any time.

Tonight I am having a dinner here to celebrate Miss J's pregnancy. We're having chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, and green beans. And for desert my own Gram's pumpkin pie. I've mixed it up already and it's in the oven. The mix tasted just like Gram's! I was so proud of myself! I'll share pics of it later! Also, on a bloggy note, there's still lots of time to sign up for both giveaways and for the blog party. Just follow your chosen link in the sidebars and you can sign up! I'm still open to giveaway contributions, just contact me through the contact me page if you would like to contribute to a giveaway!

2 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Yum, pumpkin pie is my favorite! Thanks for sharing with us....hopefully it is wonderful!

Cheers!

Mother Moon said...

your supper with friends sounds so good.. do post pictures of your pumpkin pie... one of my favorite things about this time of year.... so yummy