1/12/2011

Book Review: Nocturne by Syrie James

I have found a romance novel that I actually like. I'd never heard of the author before until I was asked to review this book and I love this author. Syrie James has a very clear, definite "writing voice". Her intelligence shines through her word choices and her eloquently written love scenes (definitely not smut).

The book itself is wonderful, I had a hard time putting it down. However, it is a fairly typical romance. It starts out with a woman who finds herself in life threatening danger and a man who saves her. They end up living together for four days through a blizzard. The man at first is slightly rude to the woman because he secretly is a vampire and doesn't want her to know, but they are both wildly attracted to each other. The woman, Nicole finds out the man, Michael, is a vampire and runs out into a blizzard putting herself in danger again. Michael saves her again and they finally admit they love each other. From there the book has some ups and downs, including a crazy twist that leaves you in tears. All in all the book is amazing. I give it 4 stars. Find it, read it, love it.

1 comment:

Mama Kelly aka Jia said...

I'm always looking for something new to read. And supernatural fiction is a personal favorite. Thanks for the tip.