11/07/2011

Well, Hello There!

It's been a week since I've posted and I do believe it's time to post again. I have completed the 600 hours I needed to be done with school, I will be taking my written test on Thursday at 1:30, and after that I can schedule my practical. After I've completed my practical I send in for my license, then I wait a little while and I can start working. My house is on the lots I bought here in Whiteface, I'm waiting for the electrician and plumber to come out and plumb everything and hook up all the electrical stuff.

As a graduation present to myself, I spent $130 on books! A few are Pagan related, and the other 2 are about herb gardening, one being Herb Gardening For Dummies! Yes, I am a dummy when it comes to gardening. I absolutely love flowers and plants, but they all die, and I'm hoping a dummy book will help me not kill them. One of the Pagan books I've already read, and I really enjoyed it. It is Buckland's Book of Gypsy Magic. I liked it because the morals and beliefs he talks about the Gypsies believing in, I grew up with! Of course, a while back I found out that my family and I come from Gypsy blood. We are Black Dutch. I'd known we were Black Dutch all my life, I just didn't know what it was, and apparently neither did anyone in our family. About a year ago, I did a little bit of internet, nerdy research, and found out that the Black Dutch were a Gypsy tribe residing in France. Many of the Gypsy beliefs described in that book were inadvertently taught to us by Gram and Granddad. I'm proud to come from such a rich heritage, and I would love to learn even more about it than a small book can tell. I was a little disappointed that the book focused mainly on spells, and only touched on a few of the beliefs when it is supposed to discuss both, but what I did learn I loved. I absorbed it like a sponge to water.

I'm now working on my Herb Gardening For Dummies book, and A Witch's 10 Commandments which I'm enjoying more than I thought I would. I picked that book up on a whim and decided why not try it out. I didn't think I would like it that much, but I'm enjoying it. I'll share more about it later. There's another book called Earth Power by Scott Cunningham that I haven't started yet, and I replaced my Way of the Green Witch, because I sorely missed it. I'm so thankful to have the time to finally start reconnecting with the gods the way I want to. I've also met a guy that I'm talking to a little bit. I don't know if things will turn romantic with him. He currently lives 75 miles away, and I know I won't be relocating for quite a while. However, he was one of the first that I was 100% honest with about my religion, and surprise of all surprises, he didn't instantly stop talking to me. We'll see where things go with him. Who knows. I'm just glad to have time to better myself and enjoy life without having to worry about whether or not I'm missing school. Tomorrow I think I'll have some deeper things to talk about, but for now, I'm going to leave it at this. Love, light and brightest blessings my beautiful darlings!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Do keep us updated on the herb book. I too love herbs, plants, flowers, etc. But I am sorely lacking a green thumb. This might be a book I need to get.