2/12/2010

Such A Long Day

This day has been filled with all sorts of running around. First I had class at eleven. Then I met Miss K at the fountain for lunch, during which time we received new movies from Netflix! Then Miss K and I rode with our friend Squirrel who needed to go pay for a ticket at the courthouse, then we all went to a guitar shop here in town which I was pretty excited about. I've owned two acoustics in the past and don't have either of them now. I was so happy to be surrounded by so many guitars! I want a new one so bad I can taste it!

After that, Miss K and I came back and hung out for a little bit, then Mr. J came by with a headache so I fixed him a cup of chamomile tea. After that Miss K announced that she was bored out of her mind and wanted to find some sort of craft to do. We jump in the truck and drive all over town, Miss K trying to find some sort of kit to buy that would keep her busy for a while, and me trying to find scrapbooking supplies. We drove all over town! Miss K didn't find anything that satisfied her, and the only thing I found even remotely interesting was a package of over 300 pages of card stock with different designs on them. The store wanted 30 dollars for it and I'm not even sure if I'll even use any of the paper in the package so I would much rather not get it.

We found out we'll have to drive an hour away to the nearest Walmart if we want any kind of craft supplies. We also have the option of ordering online but I'm not a big fan of ordering scrapbooking supplies online because you might get it and not like it and it's just a hassle. I would rather be able to look at it in person and touch it with my own hands to decide if I really want it or not. It is now 4:42 p.m., and we have about 15 minutes until the UC opens for supper, so I just wanted to share my day with you! Later there will be a couple more posts, I just wanted to share this one with you first.

Oh and Miss K is very excited because she purchased her first ever thing of sea monkeys! I'm not going to lie, I'm a little excited about it too! Even though I'm 22 years old, I've never had my own sea monkeys so I'm very excited to see what the little critters do. And, I've seen some local women planting flowers already so next week I plan on going over to the plant nursery in town and seeing if I can find some lavender and chamomile seeds. I want to grow lots more than that but I'm not sure what I want to grow at the moment, or what will survive in my dorm room. I have two windows in my bedroom but none in the living room area. I may be able to purchase artificial uv lights to put in my living room area but I'm sort of new to gardening and growing things so I'm not sure what all needs to be done or what all plants will need extra special care to survive here, so if you guys have any suggestions I am 100% open to them!

No comments: